19.10.2015 Terms and Conditions and Rules for Claims Resolution » GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o.
Terms and Conditions and Rules for Claims Resolution
These General Terms and Conditions (hereafter, the “GTC”) apply to purchases made in the online shop operated by GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o. (hereafter, the “Seller”). The GTC governs the relationship between the customer and the Seller in the area of the sale of glass and other related items. The customer who places the order confirms that they have familiarised themselves with these terms and conditions, of which the Rules for Claims Resolution is an integral part, and that they agree with them. The customer is made sufficiently aware of the existence of these terms and conditions prior to placing their order and has the opportunity to familiarise themselves with them.
I. Basic Provisions
The Seller is GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o., with its seat at Soví 127, Zdiměřice 252 42, Company ID No. 01485415, Tax ID No. CZ01485415, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague in Section C, entry no. 206230.
At the start of the business relationship, the customer provides to the Seller only the contact information necessary for the seamless fulfilment of their order, or information that they would like to be listed on the purchase documentation. The legal relationship between the Seller and the customer not specified in these GTC is governed by provisions of Act No. 89/2012, Coll., the Civil Code, as well as by related regulations, in particular Act. No. 634/1992, Coll. on consumer protection, all as amended.
II. Order Processing
The customer has the opportunity prior to ordering to register - when placing orders in the future, they will not be required to enter any personal data - it will be filled in automatically. However, it is possible to order goods without registering.
- Order Receipt and Processing
After placing an order, the customer will receive an email confirming receipt of the order. GLASSIMO Praha, s.r.o. does not guarantee that items ordered are in stock at the time the order is placed.
If the customer finds any discrepancies in their order, they should contact the Seller as soon as possible by email at email@example.com or by phone at +420 702 181 804.
The Seller will keep the customer informed by email as to the status of their order (receipt, processing, shipping).
Out of court claims handling is handled by the Seller through the URL www.glassimo.eu/obchodnipodminkyareklamacnirad/. The Seller will communicate with the customer regarding claims by email.
- Withdrawal from the Contract by the Customer
In accordance with §1829 et seq. of the Civil Code, the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days of receipt of the goods if the contract was concluded remotely (outside the business premises of the Seller by means of distance communications). The customer must send their request to withdraw from the contract no later than the last day of the period referred to in the previous sentence, in written form, to the Seller’s seat or to the Seller’s email address, using the Specimen Form, which forms the appendix to these Terms and Conditions. The customer is obliged to return the goods without undue delay within 14 days of withdrawing from the contract in its complete form, with complete documentation, undamaged, in the condition and value in which the goods were received, to the address: GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o., Elišky Krásnohorské 3, Prague 1, Czech Republic. If the returned goods are incomplete or damaged, the Seller is entitled to reduce the amount refunded by the corresponding amount (in accordance with §1833 of the Civil Code). The Seller reserves the right not to accept packages shipped cash on delivery. We recommend that you insure the package. The Seller will return the money for the returned goods to the customer without undue delay, no later than 14 days from the day that notice of withdrawal was made, but not earlier than the day the goods are received; the Seller will return the money by bank transfer or other method agreed upon in advance between the customer and the Seller. Only previously paid amounts can be refunded to the customer, less all costs that the Seller incurred to ship the goods to and from the Customer’s address. If the customer paid for these goods by credit card, the aforementioned refund will be reduced by any fees associated with credit card payments.
- Withdrawal from the Contract by the Seller
The Seller has the right to withdraw from the contract at any time until the time of shipment due to the unavailability of the goods or significant change in their price. In this case, however, the Seller is obliged to contact the Seller and agree upon the next steps to resolve the situation.
Prices listed include VAT. The customer pays the price for the goods in effect at the time of the order. If the goods are not currently in stock, the order can be fulfilled upon agreement with the Seller by phone at +420 702 181 804 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, where the customer will be informed as to the price and date the goods will be available.
IV. Delivery and Payment Terms
The ordered goods will be sent using the customer’s chosen method to the name and address provided by the customer. If the goods are in stock, the Seller shall endeavour to ship them or deliver them to the carrier within 6 working days of receiving the order. In exceptional cases, some products may not be able to be shipped within that time period. In this case, the Seller will contact the customer stating the earliest possible delivery date.
Note: The customer can pick up the goods in person in the GLASSIMO gallery, located at Elišky Krásnohorské 3, Prague 1 once they receive an email from the Seller confirming the arrival of the goods in the store.
- Delivery Methods
The goods will be delivered using the method that the customer chose when ordering over the internet.
Available delivery methods include:
- pick up in person at the Glassimo gallery
- delivery by Czech Post
Czech Post guarantees delivery on the next working day after the package is shipped. The customer can choose whether they want the package delivered directly to them at a specific address, or if they would prefer to pick up the package at the post office of their choice. On the day the package is collected by Czech Post, you will receive an email from us with the tracking number and delivery information. If your postman does not reach you at the indicated address, they will leave a notice in your mailbox to pick up the package at the post office. The notice that the customer finds in their mailbox includes the contact information (address, phone number, opening hours) of the post office branch where the package is being held. Czech Post also offers repeat delivery by normal carrier on a chosen day.
Czech Post Online Tracking
When accepting the items from Czech Post, the package and product(s) should always be carefully checked to ensure they are intact. If the packaging is damaged in any way, the package should not be accepted! If the items are damaged, even if the packaging is intact, Czech Post or the Seller must be informed as soon as possible. It is advisable to inform Czech Post in person on the day of delivery at any branch of the post office. When accepting the items from Czech Post, the package and product(s) should always be checked to ensure they are intact. If the packaging is damaged in any way or if there is any discrepancy, the package should not be accepted!
The Seller charges a flat fee of CZK 199 for shipping via Czech Post, which includes packing, postage, insurance, and the fee if the customer chooses cash on delivery.
When picking up the items in person, the Seller does not charge any packing or other fee.
- international shipping (delivery times and prices vary depending on the country of delivery)
The shipping company (Spedia) will safely pack the goods, handle all customs formalities in the Czech Republic, insure the goods, and ship them by courier to the recipient’s address. When placing an order for goods to be delivered abroad, the exact address must be provided (goods cannot be delivered to P.O. boxes!), the recipient’s telephone number, and email address. The usual delivery time is 1-2 weeks.
The price for international shipping is calculated automatically after the address is entered, based on the country of delivery.
- Payment Methods
Prior to finalising the order, the customer chooses a payment method:
- payment card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express (using 3DSecure, the most modern and secure application - payment card details are given directly to the bank, not to the e-shop operator)
- cash or card upon personal collection at the Glassimo gallery
Note: VAT is included in all orders shipped within the European Union. VAT will be refunded on goods shipped outside the European Union; the customer is, however, liable for all other fees, customs duties, and local taxes and fees.
V. Warranty Conditions
Warranty conditions on goods are government by the Seller’s Rules for Claim Resolution and applicable laws of the Czech Republic. The proof of purchase (invoice) serves as the warranty card.
VI. Handmade Items
Given the handmade nature of the products, small deviations may occur in size, colour, or thickness of the glass.
VII. Data Security and Protection
The Seller hereby declares that all personal data is confidential, will be used only to fulfil the contract with the customer, and will not be in any way made public, disclosed to any third part, etc., with the exception of situations connected with distribution of or payments for goods ordered. Personal data provided to the Seller by the customer for the purpose of fulfilling the order are collected, processed, and stored in accordance with the applicable laws of the Czech Republic, in particular with Act No. 101/2000, Coll. on the Protection of Personal Data, as amended. The customer grants the Seller its consent to the collection and processing of personal data for the purposes of fulfilling the terms of the purchase contract, until that time that the customer provides a written statement of disagreement with such processing. The customer has the right to access their personal data and the right to amend it, including other legal rights to this data.
VIII. Final Provisions
These General Terms and Conditions come into effect as of January 1, 2015 and include the appendix “Specimen Form For Withdrawal from a Contract” (http://www.glassimo.eu)
Rules for Claims Resolution
The same terms for making claims apply both to purchases made in the Glassimo s.r.o. e-shop and purchases made in the Glassimo bricks and mortar gallery in the Czech Republic.
Claims will be handled in accordance with the Seller’s Rules for Claims Resolution and applicable laws in force in the Czech Republic.
The Rules for Claims Resolution specifies the procedure for the customer and Glassimo, s.r.o. (hereafter, the “Seller”) in the event that, despite efforts by the Seller to maintain the highest quality of goods and services offered, a legitimate cause for complaint arises on the part of the customer.
I.Basic Conditions for Claims
- If defects appear in purchased items, it is in the interest of the Seller to offer the customer the necessary service to ensure that the defect is removed or otherwise resolved in accordance with these Rules for Claims Resolution.
- A defect cannot be considered to be a change (properties) in the goods which occurred during the warranty period as a result of improper use or care.
- The customer shall submit any claim directly at the Seller’s company seat.
- The Seller shall determine whether the claim is valid on the spot.
- Claims, including removal of defects, must be settled within 30 days of the day the claim was made, unless otherwise agreed upon between the Seller and the customer.
- The warranty period for items sold in the Seller’s e-shop is 24 months and begins as of the date the items are received by the customer.
II. Time Limits for Filing Claims
- The right to make claims for defects in goods for which a warranty period is valid expires if it was not exercised during the warranty period.
- The customer shall submit a claim without undue delay after the defect is found.
- If the customer chooses to have the defective item(s) repaired, the warranty period shall be extended by the amount of time equal to the period from the date when the claim was made to the date the customer received the repaired item(s).
- If the customer chooses to exchange the defective item(s) for new goods, the new warranty period starts as of the date of receipt of the new item(s).
III. Method of Settling Claims
If an item is defective, the customer may request:
- free repair of the defect
- delivery of new defect-free goods, if it is not considered to be disproportionate in relation to the extent of the defect (if it relates only to parts of items, the customer can request only replacement parts)
- if it is not possible to replace the defective item with a non-defective item, the customer may withdraw from the contract
- if the customer did not withdraw from the contract or did not exercise their right to new item(s) without defects, to the exchange of the defective components, or to have the defect repaired, they may request a reasonable discount.
IV. Claims for Shipped Items
- Any claims regarding discrepancies connected with the shipment of the item(s) abroad must be filed with the shipper:
Spedia s.r.o., U Hellady 4, 140 00 Prague 4, Czech Republic, tel. +420 234 676 189 or by email at email@example.com.
- Any claims regarding discrepancies connected with the shipment of item(s) within the Czech Republic must be filed with Czech Post.
Claims Regarding Product Quality
Procedure by which the customer files a claim regarding the quality of a product:
- Send the Seller the product or part thereof that is the subject of the claim without undue delay,
- Send a cover letter along with the item being returned containing the following information:
a statement that they are filing a claim regarding the quality of a product; for customs purposes, state information about the price - “free, no commercial value”,
a description of the defect,
the identification number of the shipment,
a copy of the Seller’s invoice,
the customer’s return address,
a description of how the customer wishes the claim to be handled,
the original signature of the customer
- Once the Seller has received the item(s) and cover letter, they will inform the customer without undue delay in which way and by when the claim will be resolved.
- Non-delivery of the package due to customer error in providing the correct address cannot be considered a claim-worthy reason and the customer bears all costs associated with re-sending the package.
V. Care and Handling
- The basic condition for maintaining the functionality of items sold in the Seller’s e-shop is proper prevention, which starts with its selection, continues through its use, and ends with its proper care.
- Purchased products should be washed by hand - not in the dishwasher.
- Avoid contact of the products with hard or sharp objects.
- Handle the products carefully to avoid scratching them.
- Use polish to remove any traces of natural oxidation on gold and platinum surfaces.
- The upper edge of drinking glasses is the most fragile, so it is recommended to avoid contact with other items during their use and storage.
VI. Final Provisions
The Rules for Claims Resolution come into force as of November, 2015.
Appendix - Business Conditions of GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o.
Specimen Form for Withdrawal from a Contract
Notice of Withdrawal.
Recipient: GLASSIMO Praha s.r.o., Soví 127, Zdiměřice 252 42 (or by email :
I hereby give notice that I am withdrawing from the purchase contract for the following goods:
Order date: ........................................................
Delivery date: ......................................................
Customer First and Last Name: ........................................
Customer Signature (only if this withdrawal is sent in paper form)